This post is about the Video Interviewing category and I bet you couldn’t guess how many vendors there are?
I know you didn’t guess SEVENTEEN! And that’s not counting the two do-it-yourself technology platforms. This is a relatively new category but has become very hot due to two key factors. First the ice has begun to thaw around the compliance concerns that including video in the screening and selection process is somehow discriminatory. People are starting to realize there is not much difference between seeing what a person looks like in a video versus an in-person interview. Second, the business case is so strong. Here are four obvious reasons:
- Cost Reduction – Candidate travel costs can make up a significant percentage of an overall recruiting budget. These cost savings alone will justify the investment in the use of a video interviewing platform. No brainer! Enough said.
- Time Management – Interviewing is the most inefficient part of the recruiting process. Implementing video interviewing can bring a rigor to the process, simplifying scheduling, streamlining feedback, etc.
- Residual Talent Pool – After a hiring decision the number 2 and 3 candidates are supposed to go back in the pool for future consideration. Let’s face it, if they ever do come up for another opportunity – you are starting over. A recorded interview allows you to re-use the investment you made the first go round.
- Quality – For a whole variety of reasons including a more consistent process, using video interviewing will increase the quality of candidates presented to hiring managers AND improve quality of hire.
The only criteria I used to generate this preliminary list is that the vendor offers a Video Interview solution for the recruiting process. I have excluded products that are geared toward candidates showcasing themselves like a video resume. [I have also listed separately two technologies that you can use on your own - for free - in a do it yourself way].
As I continue to build out the “mega list” I will be adding additional information in this category to help differentiate the solutions. Some things to consider include:
- Recorded vs. Live – Does the product allow for both recorded interviews that can be viewed at anytime AND streaming of live interviews?
- Domestic vs. Global - Is the product built to scale globally, or for a domestic market?
- Integration w/Applicant Tracking – How well does the tool integrate with the major applicant tracking systems?
- Integrated Interview Content – Does the solution allow for the integration of interview questions, and/or come with embedded content?
- Value added services – Are there services and support provided with the product? Or are you pretty much on your own?
Click the Video Interviewing category to check them out – don’t forget to let me know if I missed anyone!!!